Get Healthy with Faster Way to Fat Loss
I have tried lots of things over the years for short periods of time to lose weight and get healthy. Unfortunately my weight kept inching up pound by pound. I’m SHORT and hate to exercise so I wasn’t helping myself.
When I turned 50 I started getting serious about it! My cholesterol was edging up and my mom has dementia. I knew it was time to get serious if I ever was. It was the first time I began thinking about how to be wholly healthy rather than just seek out a program to lose weight.
Then I stumbled upon Deanna Pizitz and her blog, Well and Worthy Life. Deanna is my coach for Faster Way to Fat Loss which has been the best thing for my goals and lifestyle! Pairing intermittent fasting with exercise and the right foods made so much sense. Deanna and my colleague, Melissa Conley, gave me so much personal and online support and continue to do so.
Here’s what happened in a few short months of participating in Faster Way to Fat Loss:
- I got back into my smaller clothes and my body became more defined.
- I began to understand and transitioned to intermittent fasting. It has become one of the easiest parts of the whole program for me!
- I learned about macros and how they worked together to fuel my body.
- My Fitness Pal became a useful tool rather than a chore as I became good at tracking my food, not my calories.
- I learned how important portion size and the right foods keep you full and was encouraged to eat more at the right time of day.
- Cravings became a thing of the past. While staying away from pasta, bread, and dairy, I learned to make healthier choices for home meals, eating out, and snacks.
- It encouraged me to continue my quest for natural foods without preservatives and added sugar. This was one of my big pluses while hoping to combat being genetically predisposed to dementia.
How Does Faster Way to Fat Loss Work?
Faster Way to Fat Loss is consists of 3 main components: intermittent fasting, carb cycling, and counting macros. This was a different language to me when I got started. With the training breakdown FWTFL provided it became a way of life!
Intermittent fasting sounded crazy to me at first. As a soccer mom for many years, I knew that eating so late helped stick on some of those pounds. It quickly became my favorite part AND was the first piece I was able to master, which gave me a sense of control. It is really just an shortened eating window of 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours.
Carb cycling is what makes this lifestyle fun and keeps it interesting! It’s scheduling days of week to eat more carbs and other days to eat less carbs. Low carb days are those days when you eat a smaller number of net carbs. Regular carb days are those that you can eat more carbs. FWTFL actually encourages the eating of more healthy carbs and other macros. No has ever encouraged me to eat MORE to stay healthy before!
Counting macros is what helps us make sure we are fueling our bodies correctly. Macros are the nutrients that our bodies need to work at its highest function. It’s the protein, fats, and carbs. Faster Way encourages us to get enough of these nutrients by counting them each day using My Fitness Pal.
I continue to be a part of the VIP program so that I can get the latest recipes, workouts, and first hand advice from these experts at Faster Way to Fat Loss. Deanna continues to be so helpful and supportive. Having someone to encourage my healthy lifestyle keeps me on track. I am no longer making the number on the scale be my goal. Being strong, healthy, and energized for my second act is how I am choosing to live life in my fifties!
Here’s What I’ve Learned to be Successful from Faster Way to Fat Loss
- Follow the expert advice, beginning with Prep Week. The program is laid out in a do-able manner so that it is easy to adjust to each component. The whole first week is getting prepared, setting up My Fitness Pal, joining a supportive Facebook group, and learning the language.
- Bookmark My Fitness Pal and log food at the beginning of each day. Doing this first thing allows you to plan and spread out food throughout your eating window. It really keeps you on track!
- Learn each component and follow it. All three components in combination have helped my overall health. When I do get sidetracked, I can always get right back on with intermittent fasting and just start where I am.
- Pick a great coach. Having support is key. I was skeptical at first that I would be able to continue with an online coach, but Deanna Pizitz has been great for me! She is my age and really embraces this healthy lifestyle and stays connected through Facebook groups, Zoom, texts and phone calls. So do pick someone who will be easy for you to connect with and learn from throughout the program.
A Few Common Questions…
Does ALL food have to be logged into My Fitness Pal?
It is best practice to log it all in. It really helps you stay on track. I followed the Meal Plan pretty closely, but some like to eat many of the same foods daily and My Fitness Pal allows those foods/meals to be copied from day to day. Once you have been a part of the program and are used to it, you don’t have to be as rigid with it, but I find if I go awhile without logging my meals, I start getting off track.
How do the low carb days and carb cycling work?
- Low carb days are Monday & Tuesday.
- Regular macro days are Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Low macro days are Friday & Sunday
- FWTFL also changes up the cycle every once in awhile to keep our bodies guessing, which also makes it fun!
Can you change low carb and macro days on FWTFL to fit your schedule?
It really is best to follow the plan as closely as possible. However, there is so much guidance from your coach and Facebook groups that it is a plan that can be tailored when necessary to make it fit your lifestyle.
What kind of fasting window do you have to have?
As long as you stick to an eight hour eating window you get to choose. I am a teacher with a super early lunch so I eat breakfast at 11:00 am, have lunch during my planning time at 2:15 pm, snack in late afternoon, and dinner between 6 and 7 pm. My hubby has found that this works for him too. If I have a late dinner on the weekend, I just eat breakfast at noon!
How many calories do you have to stick to on this program?
You are encouraged NOT to count calories or even get on the scale with FWTFL! You count macros – the fats, proteins, and carbs. Macros will be different for each person, depending on your goals, current weight, exercise activity and gender.
What kind of food will I have to sacrifice?
Best results for a healthy body will be from restricting dairy and gluten during the program and FWTFL encourages eating whole, unprocessed natural choices when possible. There are so many benefits to following this plan that I find I don’t even crave the junk I used to want! When I have a treat I often find it doesn’t even taste as good as I think it will!
Instead of thinking what will I have to sacrifice, I think about all the things CAN eat. That includes anything that comes from the ground or has a mother! Whole foods – healthy, fresh, nutritious and unprocessed foods.
Will the recipes be difficult to manage?
Honestly, I allowed the meal plan to get to me at first because I tried to follow it too closely, but the great thing about this program was the support offered from your coach and Facebook groups. They offered LOTS of suggestions to ease into it. I loved the Meal Plan for offering a grocery list and weekly plan to keep me on track and it didn’t take long until I got the hang of it. FWTFL is loaded with suggested recipes and you can also find lots of postings of recipes to try on social media. I will try to post a few of my all time favorites here soon!
Do I have to give up snacks?
Absolutely not! You just have to eat them inside of your eight hour eating window and keep them in balance with your macros. Your choices for your snacks may change, but you will not sacrifice them altogether. I particularly love to keep Skinny Pop, Black Bean chips, and plenty of nuts on hand for my salty cravings. Dark Chocolate Bars and Kind Protein Bars are favorites for my sweet tooth. I shop at Trader Joe’s a lot and order from Amazon to stock up. I have recently enjoyed So Delicious Coconut Milk Dairy Free Ice Cream and their Coconut Almond Bars. YUM!
Can I continue with the program after the first session and what if my husband or friends are also interested?
Faster Way to Fat Loss is a lifestyle, not a weight loss program. It’s about eating healthy foods at the right time, for the right reason. You can absolutely continue with the program at a discounted rate as a VIP member if you continue to want or need the support.
Guys can absolutely sign up for the men’s group! My husband had a very scary blood pressure reading so I got him on board with the Faster Way philosophy. He has lost 30+ pounds – even though we are not focused on the scale – and saw results instantly when he began intermittent fasting, eliminating gluten and dairy, AND his blood pressure is great now. Here’s a link for the guys here.
Faster Way to Fat Loss, along with Deanna Pizitz as my coach, has been the answer to my quest for becoming a healthier, stronger me. Of course you’ll get out of it what you put into it, but it makes sense to eat whole foods, get educated about healthy habits, and be supported by an awesome online community. While I continue to work toward my last goal of more regular exercise after I began suffering from a knee problem, I have become so much stronger and feel so much better than before. You can check out the the Faster Way Shop for lots of great products to support your mission of getting healthy! If you have any questions, leave me a message in the comments of this post.
Thanks for reading!